Thursday, April 10, 2008

Soliciting Stroller Reviews

We're now starting to think of the things needed for two children. We're fortunate in that we are set in the boys' clothing department and other things needed for first time parents, but we're stuck when it comes to stroller options.

We're looking for an inline, double stroller that's compact enough to fit in my van. The single Graco Quattro stroller we have now barely fits in the van with the rear sit erected, and since Moses will be in the rear seat once his brother gets here, I need a double stroller that doesn't require me fold that seat down. I'd also like something a little more rugged since my new favorite warm-weather past time is walking with my son(s) in tow. Any suggestions?

My dream stroller is the Phil & Ted's Sport with Doubles Kit:

But, it's nearly twice as expensive as the Graco Quattro Tour Duo, the double's version of our original stroller:
I know we've got a lot of moms out there who read this blog and might have some input or other stroller suggestions. Please, please, leave a comment or email me with your thoughts. I like having some research before investing in something, and what's better than personal experience and word of mouth?

Thanks,
-Lindsey

6 comments:

lfhcreative said...

I was looking for a similar compact double stroller a couple months ago and gave up! We are going to wing it and see if we can get by with a really nice single stroller (we have 2 Maclaren volos) and a sling. Otherwise, I think I will be getting a Maclaren twin triumph. They fold more compactly than other strollers and still fit through standard doorways.

JDM said...

We have the Phil & Ted's Sport and it was a great investment. We've loved it with Addie and have ordered the doubles kit for Bam Bam. I got it new off Ebay for a bit better price than most of the stores sell them for. Anyways, happy shopping! ~Les

Growing up said...

well I know there was a quattro on everythinglubbock.com for around 150...maybe less! I thought about a double stroller but lily wants to walk so much now that I just think I would end up pushing one kid in a double, I'm going to invest in some really nice singles and just get the connector when I need to use it as a double! Good luck, its hard to find a good one, and it would be nice if babies r us had more to choices in the store!

Mother Ring said...

Thanks everyone!

Laura,
I considered the sling option but hit a snag when it came to walking. I don't think me (or boy #2) would like walking several miles with the sling. My back is wimpy!

Les,
Thanks for giving me your two cents on the P&T. I really love it and wish we'd gotten it for Moses, too, but I wasn't "hip" on it until recently. What color do you have? Did you buy an infant car seat attachment?

Misty,
Thanks for the tip--I'll check it out. My only hesitation with the Quattro Double is that our current Quattro is falling apart, and I don't want to worry about that with this new stroller for several years. I hate wrestling with the recline lever!

Lovely Little Lovelies said...

I have a BOB revolution and it was most definitely one of the best purchases we've made (in terms of baby gear.) I imagine the BOB duallies are just as nice, albeit not as compact as the Phil and Teds, unfortunately. Also, you might want to look into the Kolcraft Countours stroller. I've heard good things about that one as well.

Nikki said...

Go with the Phil & Ted w/ the doubles kit. A friend in my mom's group has it for her 10 month old and uses the back for the 8 month old she nannies and says it's invaluable how great it is. You're going to want a stroller with the seats front and back, side to side is kinda difficult to maneuver, especially when shopping and such. It's worth the money.

P.S. I love your blog, it's so cute!!