Moses is doing well and growing like he should. Our skinny boy is 29 pounds and 37.25 inches tall, which puts him in the 93rd percentile for height and 50th for weight. His 2T pants started falling off recently, and I credit his non-stop movement for his weight loss (and mine, too). He has nearly all of his teeth: his eye teeth just broke the surface. His speech is still delayed, but it is picking up. If it hasn't improved much more by April, we're taking him in for a re-evaluation with the speech therapist. We know he'll talk in his own time, but we can't wait for those funny toddler-genius moments.
Some fun things he enjoys:
- Catching balls! He caught his first ball a month ago, to our surprise, and requests we play catch nightly now.
- Playing football and using his bike helmet as a football helmet.
- He adores baseball and football and cranes his next to see anything related to the sports.
- He shouts "go, go, go" at any sport we watch--we aren't sure where he picked that up since neither Dave nor I shout at the TV.
- Playing "backpack" or piggybacking on us as we run around the house.
- Showing more interest in the clothes he's wearing--preferring anything with a football or a baseball or jersey-like numbers. He also likes hats and headbands (think exercise).
- Brushing his teeth. I'm not sure whether it's the dot of toothpaste or the car toothbrush, but I have to restrict his brushing these days.
- Shoulder shrugging, just because.
- Making vehicle sounds for his cars, trains, plains, etc. His goldfish crackers also making swimming noises before they're eaten.
- Sitting and playing on the floor, especially with brother's toys.
- Getting tickled or "eaten."
- Watching, watching, watching--he has to be in on all the action even if he's just a spectator.
- Belly scooting. I love watching him move around on his tummy, but he's getting a little too good at getting in to things.