Friday, November 16, 2007

Backtracking

I've missed some bloggable moments lately because of school so I thought I'd backtrack a little bit.

The first weekend in November Moses and I went to visit my Mom, Kelly and sisters (Raychel and Paige). We stayed one night in Wichita Falls (where they live) and then we all drove to Dallas the next day as part of Raychel's 18th birthday celebration at the Gaylord Texan. From that little time on the road and without Dave, I've learned that a) Moses needs about 18 hours to adjust to a new situation (so don't count on holding him anytime before that) b) I could never be a single mom c) I shouldn't let Moses out of the stroller because he'll just want to push it, slowly, around the store d) Moses loves Mylar balloons.

We had a really good time visiting family and look forward to an even longer visit around Christmas time.




(not really a piano man)






(the birthday girl!)


Moses with my Mom (Gram Gram)


Me with (L-R) sisters (Raychel and Paige) and cousin (Alyssa)

I also taught Moses the sport of pillow diving, which has made for some hilarious afternoons.



Dave and I've been hard at work in the front yard trying to get shrubs planted before winter sets in. Moses is a huge help with the equipment.


(yes, I'm holding the shovel handle!)



We've also learned that Moses is a big fan of The Arcade Fire. PBS played one of their Austin City Limits concerts the other afternoon and Moses went nuts. It's really the first time Moses has had a response to any sort of music so we are pleased he has good taste.



-Lindsey

No comments: