Friday, March 23, 2007

Mmmm, elephant...



What can I say, the kid's got an appetite! Who can blame him? Purple elephant is so rare in these parts.

Whew, I'm glad this week is over! It's been a doozy. First, Dave and I are back in school, and we can't say that we missed it. Second, I passed a kidney stone on Wednesday. I was home alone with a napping Mos, which was scary, and I only assumed that I was dying and wouldn't live to see another day, let alone that evening's episode of LOST. Thankfully, Dave and Sally (Gran) rushed here right away. Gran took care of Moses while Dave went to the hospital with me. I'm better now, but I'm really hoping that my right kidney purged itself of all calcifications in that one instance. I don't know that I could stand another attack!

On the growing baby boy front, Moses is doing fantastic. He's really using his hands and understanding how beneficial those strange appendages are. He's really been into playing with his activity mat, especially that purple elephant, which has crinkle-paper ears and vibrates when manipulated just right. Today, for the first time, he tuckered himself out and fell asleep right in the middle of playing. He'd wake, attempt to play, but then nod off before any success. It was hilarious.

Before


After

Moses' new schedule is progressing well. Today he's taken 3 naps, two of which met our one-and-a-half to two-hour goal. And yes, in the picture he's asleep on his stomach, but we monitor him carefully. This weekend we'll start his transition from bedtime in my arms to bedtime in the crib. Wish us luck!



-Lindsey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, WTG on the napping!
Also, a kidney stone??? How awful. I've heard it is as bad as having a baby. Worse, I guess, since no cuteness to play with afterwards...