Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring Break Comes to an End

Dave and I had a wonderful week of vacation with sweet Mos. I was sick early in the week with a possible case of food poisoning, but Dave saved the day and turned the tragedy into some father-and-son time. I'm not sure what the two dished about while I was regretting my entree selection, but I'd like to think some real male-bonding took place: the difference between gas and charcoal grills, proper chicken wing eating etiquette, the best way to mow a lawn, and how to properly catch and release a spider before mom is aware of it's presence.
In the past three days, Dave and I have put Mos on a schedule which means he is currently napping in his crib (not our arms) three times a day. The first day was difficult, but it's gotten easier and easier. He never cried it out or anything like that. We just picked him up and put him down until he'd come to terms with sleep. Now,every four hours we know it's naptime because he'll start to nod off. It's so nice that we don't have to plead with him anymore, or bounce for minutes on end. Sure, there are some difficult times, but they're a cakewalk in comparison. Hopefully, he'll have naptime down pat before long, and we can work on bedtime in his crib!



This is a new favorite!

No comments: