Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sick and tired

This weekend marks Moses' first bona fide sickness, and it just breaks our hearts to see our little man under-the-weather and unable to understand what's happening to him.
He had a runny nose all week, but we attributed it to allergies (Dave and I are suffering now) or a cold he picked up from Parent's Day Out. However, last night it took a turn for the worse and we're not sure what's plaguing him.
I put Moses to bed at 8 o' clock as usual, but three hours later he woke up yelling an angry, "na, na, na." I'd never heard him yell like that before and went to check on him. He was sick to his stomach--man, I never thought so much liquid could inhabit such a tiny body. It was strange too because he would vomit, want to play, and then vomit again 20 minutes later, play, and well, you know. He was in relatively good spirits too even though this continued until 2 a.m. When he was finally able to sleep he just tossed, turned, and whined all night. I was so concerned about him that I didn't sleep well at all but found relief when Dave took over at 6 a.m.
Moses had one more episode this morning, and despite his all day fussiness, we thought he was out of the woods. We were wrong. When I put him to sleep at 8 o' clock this evening, it happened again, and this time he was not in good spirits afterwards. He was so obviously tired and I could hear his poor stomach rumbling. Dave and I took turns walking him around the house, but he just could not get to sleep. After some milk (I know, I questioned this, too), he finally went to sleep and we haven't heard from him since. I hope he has a better night tonight and can get the recuperative rest he needs.
We're not sure what's going on--stomach bug? teething? I'm going to call the doctor in the morning to see what he says. We've given him some Pedialyte, but he's really not interested in drinking anything. I'll be sure to update everyone on the outcome.

Last night, between "episodes"








-Lindsey

No comments: