Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Odd ducks

Moses and I went to the park to feed the ducks yesterday.



That sentence only sounds exciting.

I was looking forward to Moses' first time feeding the ducks at a local library (and cleaning out my bread drawer), but the ducks didn't flock to us as expected and Moses wasn't intrigued by their "we just ate, kid" attitudes so his interests quickly turned to the water and exploring the lakeside. Finally, two disheveled ducks somewhat responded to our feeding attempts, but it was still a little ho' hum and yawn inducing. I kept him on a short leash (literally, I'm not above leashing my child for safety reasons) because I feared he would either want to be too friendly with the ducks or jump in the lake (both assumptions were right), and those fears made for uneventful pictures, but hey, at least I documented the outing, right?

Maybe our next attempt will be a little more awe-inspiring to his toddler brain. This one was just pathetic.

On a funnier note, Moses' new harness makes me laugh uncontrollably at times because it reminds me of this Saturday Night Live skit:


I smell a Halloween costume...

-Lindsey

No comments: