Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Christmas Fortune

When Dave and I found out we were expecting again, I immediately set out to come up with a creative way of telling our parents about their soon-to-be grandchild. I tossed around a lot of clichéd ideas but didn't love any idea. Finally, while battling pregnancy-induced insomnia one night, I came up with the winning idea--a fortune cookie!

For each family, I removed the generic, pre-installed fortune from a fortune cookie (thank you, Pei Wei) with a pen knife and carefully inserted my own, which read, "You will have another grandchild" on one side and "08-11-08 (my then due-date)" on the other side. I placed each fortune cookie in a miniature take out box, tied the box with a bow, and inserted the box into a larger Christmas tin. I then placed some ornament-shaped paper cutouts that said, "A Christmas Fortune" on top of the tin so it'd be the first thing our parents would see as they open the gift. I tied a bow onto the tin and waited patiently for Christmas time--talk about a long wait!

Unfortunately, I didn't save the individual pictures I took of the pregnancy announcement steps and the completed product. The only thing I have to show you is this poorly made picture collage, but I think you can get the idea!



-Lindsey

No comments: