Monday, June 9, 2008

Paper Cuts

I'm still working on the boys' room, but I'm nearing the finish line. I needed some cheap wall art so I turned to Moses for inspiration. Since silhouettes are all the rage these days, I fashioned Moses' likeness from some paper, mounted it on a contrasting color, and placed it in a spare frame. Voila! Cheap, personalized art. I actually did two frames with Moses (mirror images) because I plan to replace one with his brother's image when his brother is a) not kicking my insides repeatedly b) capable of holding his head up.

Doesn't he have a nice profile?

UPDATE: To make the silhouette, I found a picture with a good profile shot, cropped it to the size I wanted, and printed it on our home printer. I used tracing paper to outline the silhouette and made a template from cardstock. This was my inspiration.

-Lindsey

2 comments:

lfhcreative said...

Oh thats so cute! Will you share your profile making secret?

lfhcreative said...

That is a super fun idea form a fun site! Thanks for the idea and the link!