Saturday, June 7, 2008

What boys' mothers dream at night

I don't know what it is about boys, but there is some inherent rough and ruggedness to their behavior at even the youngest of ages. Moses is definitely a fan of anything dangerous and gives me mini-heart attacks each day. His face is usually covered in an array of bumps, bruises, and, now, mosquito bites. I think all of this led to some feelings of guilt that have crept into my dreams.

Two nights ago I dreamt that a CPS worker came to inspect our house because Moses' bumps and bruises were brought to their attention and concerned them. She looked over the house and proceeded to wrap every inch of it in a bubble-wrap type substance and left.

I don't think our house is the problem so much as Moses' need to play with reckless abandon. Nevertheless, his battered appearance is influencing my dreams and making me feel worse.

-Lindsey

1 comment:

Megan said...

I know what you mean! Memphis' shins are constantly covered in bumps and bruises. And I'm sorry to report that it only seems to be getting worse. Sounds like he and Moses would have a great time doing extreme baby stunts together!