Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out for a Stroll

As a baby gift, I received my dream stroller from my Dad and Sally. I know I previously said I wanted a Phil & Ted's Sport but after doing more research, I decided on the BOB Stroller Strides Duallie* because it allows me to either walk or jog with two, and with the infant seat attachment, we can get outside sooner rather than later. Ultimately, I want to start running again, but for now, we're just using it for long walks to the park.

On Monday morning, we walked a mile to the park, played, and then walked back. Aside from a couple of Milo's outbursts, the walk went great! The stroller handles so well---it's easy to push through grass and sand, turns on a dime (really!), takes bumpy sidewalks like a charm, and fits though our doorways. It must be cozy, too, because Moses fell asleep on the return trip.



Of course, that tiny nap threw Moses off schedule and he ended up crashing mid-play that afternoon.
*No, I don't do Stroller Strides but wanted the extra amenities the stroller has to offer (handlebar console, exercise bands, and workout manual). The stroller comes with a free week's worth of classes so I'll definitely give it a try but $45 a month for classes is tough when I'm not bringing in money. Shoot, maybe I'll just follow behind our local class and copy their workouts--I suppose there's nothing to stop me (except extreme embarrassment)! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have stroller envy. Officially.